The DEFECTOVISION IR system is non-destructive testing of semi-finished metal products. Inductive heat flux thermography facilitates the testing of entire surfaces of hot-rolled steel billets and tubes with round, square, or rectangular cross-sections as well as rails and profiles. Flat surfaces, as well as exterior and interior radiuses, are tested fully and reproducibly. All but a few millimeters of the ends of the materials are also covered by the surface test.
- Test products: Round and square ferromagnetic steel billets
- Diameter / edge length: 50 – 300 mm
- Test product length: min. 4 m
- Max. test speed: 1.5 m/s
- Untested ends: type 5 mm
- Minimum defect depth: 0.3 mm
- Minimum defect length: 10 mm